Safeguarding at our Churches.
The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church.
We are committed as a church community, to nurture, protect and safeguard all members and visitors to our church, particularly children, young people, and vulnerable adults.
We are committed to the House of Bishops Safeguarding Policy for Children, Young People and Adults.
Our Parish Safeguarding Policy can be viewed here.
• Promoting a safer environment and culture
• Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults.
• Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
• Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
• Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
• Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
Our Parish Safeguarding officer is Jo Claridge
Telephone 01934 843014
The Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser is Glenys Armstrong
Telephone 01749 685135
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from the Parish Safeguarding Officer, the Diocesan Safeguarding Officer or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
Other sources of help:
• NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
• Samaritans: 116 123
• Childline: 0800 1111
• Action On Elder Abuse: 080 8808 814
• Stop It Now: 0808 1000 900
• Family Lives: 0808 800 2222
• NAPAC: 0808 801 0331
• National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247